I truly enjoyed your blog. I too am an early childhood teacher. I think many parents don't understand the need to have their children in early childhood programs. Not only do they prepare students academically but socially, physically, and emotionally. As far as the challenges of space, cultural differences, and adequate teacher training, I agree that funding is usually the main problem or issue in determining which area gets attention first. Thank you for your insight and pointing me in the right direction.
Hi Terrie I was so delighted to know that I had someone else in my class who was familiar with early childhood at this level. We enthusiastically share in the same notion that the total developmental areas of learning can be addressed as children have opportunities to learn through preschool experiences. My prayer is that leaders who are making decisions about quality early childhood education would began to share funds appropriately and to those areas that really need support.
Hi JoAnn, I enjoyed watching the last blog on best practices in distance education. You did a great job on your video discussing the three different articles that you read on best practices in distance education. I agree that young children should attend pre-school. I believe that pre-school helps young children get ready for kindergarten in both an academic and a social way. It helps children learn how to socially interact with other children. It also allows children to learn the structure of school before attending kindergarten. It was great working with you on our ISD project. Good luck in your remaining classes!
Thanks Kim It was a pleasure working with you on our project as well as all the other ladies. A key point you made is that of socialization for young children. It is so important that they develop this skill because it links to their language skills as well by helping them express themselves and solve problems.
I enjoyed your blog and agree whole heartedly. I think a lot of parent don't understand the importance of early childhood education and see it more as a day care. My two year old is in school and she is learning so much! She will come home and talk about things that I know my husband and I have not talked to her about, she already knows her colors and numbers and it doing very well with letter recognition as well. These early childhood experiences are the building block for a successful educational career. I have enjoyed working with you these past eight weeks and pray you have continued success with Liberty.
Thanks Rebecca, It was a pleasure working with you and I certainly learned a lot from your strength with technology. Your daughter is blessed because she in addition to going to an early childhood preschool has parents who are actively engaged with her learning. I became very disappointed when in my county that I worked the superintendent made it clear that we were not to be concerned about parent involvement but rather we were responsible for children's learning. I understood part of this but the missing link in education is number one parent involvement particularly at the early stages.
Hello Jo Ann, I enjoyed your blog. I support your argument that a teacher should be concerned with parents' involvement in their child's learning. Too often a child could fall behind when it could have been avoided by reinforcement by her/his parent/s. On your findings regarding kindergarten, I personally see it as an opportunity, among other learning benefits, for screening high risk students who may need specialized early intervention. God bless your education goals. Paul S. Roche
Thanks Paul, Early intervention is crucial to the development of young children and those of high risk. What I found in my district was that there was limited space and funding to meet the needs of all children. I can only hope that things will change with our policymakers.
Good work on this JoAnn! Training and funding are ongoing problems.... I am missing your reference list though. I would like to look into your articles. It's been great working with you! Dr Courduff
Thanks Joann for your post. It is so important that parents become involved with what their children are involved in. I know from experience that if I don't know what is and has gone in my boys' classes, they tend to become slackers, and grades fall. I was the same way, and was very blessed to have my parents involved in everything. I didn't see it as a blessing then, but do now.
Parental involvement is the key, unfortunately we have children whose parents choose other things over their education. I realize the dynamics of homes are much different than when we grew up, but the children are the ones who suffer. Audrey, your boys are very blessed because you are actively involved in their lives. Blessings as you further your studies at Liberty.
I truly enjoyed your blog. I too am an early childhood teacher. I think many parents don't understand the need to have their children in early childhood programs. Not only do they prepare students academically but socially, physically, and emotionally. As far as the challenges of space, cultural differences, and adequate teacher training, I agree that funding is usually the main problem or issue in determining which area gets attention first. Thank you for your insight and pointing me in the right direction.
ReplyDeleteHi Terrie
ReplyDeleteI was so delighted to know that I had someone else in my class who was familiar with early childhood at this level. We enthusiastically share in the same notion that the total developmental areas of learning can be addressed as children have opportunities to learn through preschool experiences. My prayer is that leaders who are making decisions about quality early childhood education would began to share funds appropriately and to those areas that really need support.
Hi JoAnn,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed watching the last blog on best practices in distance education. You did a great job on your video discussing the three different articles that you read on best practices in distance education. I agree that young children should attend pre-school. I believe that pre-school helps young children get ready for kindergarten in both an academic and a social way. It helps children learn how to socially interact with other children. It also allows children to learn the structure of school before attending kindergarten. It was great working with you on our ISD project. Good luck in your remaining classes!
Thanks Kim
DeleteIt was a pleasure working with you on our project as well as all the other ladies. A key point you made is that of socialization for young children. It is so important that they develop this skill because it links to their language skills as well by helping them express themselves and solve problems.
Jo Ann,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your blog and agree whole heartedly. I think a lot of parent don't understand the importance of early childhood education and see it more as a day care. My two year old is in school and she is learning so much! She will come home and talk about things that I know my husband and I have not talked to her about, she already knows her colors and numbers and it doing very well with letter recognition as well. These early childhood experiences are the building block for a successful educational career. I have enjoyed working with you these past eight weeks and pray you have continued success with Liberty.
Thanks Rebecca,
ReplyDeleteIt was a pleasure working with you and I certainly learned a lot from your strength with technology. Your daughter is blessed because she in addition to going to an early childhood preschool has parents who are actively engaged with her learning. I became very disappointed when in my county that I worked the superintendent made it clear that we were not to be concerned about parent involvement but rather we were responsible for children's learning. I understood part of this but the missing link in education is number one parent involvement particularly at the early stages.
Hello Jo Ann,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your blog. I support your argument that a teacher should be concerned with parents' involvement in their child's learning. Too often a child could fall behind when it could have been avoided by reinforcement by her/his parent/s. On your findings regarding kindergarten, I personally see it as an opportunity, among other learning benefits, for screening high risk students who may need specialized early intervention. God bless your education goals.
Paul S. Roche
Thanks Paul,
DeleteEarly intervention is crucial to the development of young children and those of high risk. What I found in my district was that there was limited space and funding to meet the needs of all children. I can only hope that things will change with our policymakers.
Good work on this JoAnn! Training and funding are ongoing problems....
ReplyDeleteI am missing your reference list though. I would like to look into your articles.
It's been great working with you!
Dr Courduff
Hey Dr. C
DeleteMy 3 references are listed right under the video. May be that I typed it separately.
Thanks
Thanks Joann for your post. It is so important that parents become involved with what their children are involved in. I know from experience that if I don't know what is and has gone in my boys' classes, they tend to become slackers, and grades fall. I was the same way, and was very blessed to have my parents involved in everything. I didn't see it as a blessing then, but do now.
ReplyDeleteParental involvement is the key, unfortunately we have children whose parents choose other things over their education. I realize the dynamics of homes are much different than when we grew up, but the children are the ones who suffer. Audrey, your boys are very blessed because you are actively involved in their lives. Blessings as you further your studies at Liberty.
ReplyDelete